It’s interesting how inspiration for these mixes happen. I knew I wanted to create a “Workout” mix for the summer, but had no idea what I would put on it. Then one day at OrangeTheory I heard a song and it sparked an idea for the playlist. However after 5-10 minutes of searching for songs, I stopped, and figured I’d come back to it later on this summer. A few weeks go by, and I hear another song so I added it to the running list of songs. After adding about 20-30 more songs, I start to feel like I may have something coming together.
Fast forward to yesterday evening as I listen to what’s in the playlist, a song sparks my ear as a kick off song to the mix, and I get to work. I kid you not, once I got going the mix was done in about an hour (minus little tweaks here and there as I listened to it). It was so easy to put together because these are songs I’d want to workout to, and it was music that was upbeat and kept a rhythm.
I started OrangeTheory last fall as something different then the normal gym. I’d go once a week and feel like I was “going to the gym” but kind of just going through the motions. Spring time came and another rejection from a guy turned into motivation. I was going to get in shape for my 30th birthday and for pride. I started going 3-4x a week and could see my body begin to change. Now I can’t imagine going back just once a week to the gym, and even though I don’t have 6 pack abs (I prolly never will, I’m a total foodie) I feel like I’m on the way to finding myself again.
I can’t wait until I move into my new apartment this August so I can run along the lake to this mix, and I hope that it will keep you focused and energized as you workout and accomplish whatever goals you have set for yourself!
1. Holy Grail [Feat. Justin Timberlake] -Jay-Z
2. Closer (Mark Glenn Remix) [Feat. Halsey] – The Chainsmokers
3. Yeah 3X – Chris Brown
4. What Makes You Beautiful (Dave Aude Radio Edit) – One Direction
5. Power (Remix) [Featuring Jay-Z & Swiss Beats] – Kanye West
6. Hot Right Now [Feat. Rita Ora] – DJ Fresh
7. Broken Heels (Digital Dog Edit) – Alexandra Burke
8. Written In The Stars [Feat. Eric Turner] – Tinie Tempah
9. Remember The Name – Fort Minor
10. In Da Club – 50 Cent
11. Wanna Be Startin Somethin – Michael Jackson
12. Something New – Girls Aloud
13. Heartrock – JLS
14. Let’s Go [Feat Ne-Yo] – Calvin Harris
15. Sexy Den a Mutha – Cheryl Cole
16. Confident – Demi Lovato
17. All In a Day’s Work – Danity Kane
18. All I Do Is Win [Feat. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop-Dogg & Rick Ross] – DJ Khaled
19. Forever [Feat. Drake, Kanye West & Lil’ Wayne] – Eminem
20. Stronger – Kanye West
21. Just Dance [Feat. Colby O’Donis] – Lady Gaga
22. Your Song (Cahill Radio Edit) – Rita Ora
23. Raise Your Glass (Vice & Riddler Radio Edit) – P!nk
24. Respect – Melanie Amaro
25. Work Bitch (DANK Radio Edit) – Britney Spears
26. Bottoms Up [Feat. Nicki Minaj] – Trey Songs
27. Jungle (Remix) [Feat. Jay-Z] – X Ambassadors
28. Lose Yourself – Eminem
29. SexyBack [Feat. Timbaland] – Justin Timberlake